Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mordialloc Creek 60 years enough is enough

My father Jack Pompei OAM first started the fight against the government some 60years ago now to have Mordialloc Creek cleaned up and returned to the beautiful waterway it once was. I have a lot of groups getting on board as this will be a great area for the community to enjoy. The jewel of the district. Please join in.
I have a special request to ask of you, a very important job now. 60 years is enough, l don’t what my son Jesse fighting this in another 60 years time. Could you please speak to the fishing clubs/ tackle shops/ sporting associations Club presidents. Could you please ask them, their committees and members all to write in / email the following people and say 60 years is enough  It’s time for action to clean up Mordialloc creek.

Please write into the following:

Kelly Ryan Herald Sun RyanKel@heraldsun.com.au
Janice Munt local ALP janice.munt@parliament.vic.gov.au
Dimity Barber barberd@leadernewspapers.com.au  
Steve Staikos Mayor city of Kingston steve.staikos@kingston.vic.gov.au
Richard Baker the Age RBAER@theage.com.au
John Creek channel 7 Jcreek@seven.com.au
Bob Brown senator.bob.brown@aph.gov.au

If the clubs need reminding what my father Jack has done for the community of Mordialloc l am happy to tell them and remind them. http://localhistory.kingston.vic.gov.au/htm/article/87.htm My uncle Joe was an Australian Middle weight champion boxer. Then l could tell you how my father saved over 2000 people from drowning, paid for dredging of the creek out of his own pocket  in the past, built retaining walls for the creek out of his own pocket, saved Mordialloc pier, was father of the Victorian Water Police, helped local schools, helped the local catholic church.  Where do you want me to stop? I don’t ask for much help, but l want some power on my side for this final fight. I want it to be big. He has been on Australian Story, in the Age and there is plenty of media on him out there. Google Jack Pompei as well.

Any other help, advice or contacts from club members would be great and anyone else you can get on board for me would be welcomed. Your help in this important matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Leon Pompei
lleon@bigpond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment